I happen to have two of the most adorable dogs in the universe. They are super tiny and so so cute and our family loves those two dogs tremendously. Not only are they adorable, but if you observe dogs in general them they will teach you so many great life lessons. I found this list of life lessons our dogs teach us and fell in love with it. I don’t know the authors full name, I only know his first name is Stephen. His list called If Your Dog Were Your Teacher says this:
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face, to be pure ecstasy
- When it’s in your best interest, practice obedience
- Let others know when they’ve invaded your territory
- Take naps and stretch before rising
- Run romp and play daily
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you
- Avoid biting, when a simple growl will do
- On warm days stop to lie on your back on the grass
- On hot days drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree
- When you’re happy dance around and wag your entire body
- No matter how often you’re scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout, run right back and make friends
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk
- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm
- Stop when you have had enough
- Be loyal
- Never pretend to be something you’re not
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent….…sit close by…and nuzzle them gently.
LOVE THAT! Such great advice from our dogs!
Have a great one everyone!
~Amy Rees Anderson