This Sunday will be Mother’s Day, so I wanted to give everyone a reminder a few days early so you can start now picking out a special gift for the Mothers in your life. This is especially a friendly hint to all the husbands out there whose wives are raising your children :). Everyone has someone they will be able to honor this Sunday – whether it is their own mother, a grandmother, a wife, a daughter who is the mother of your grandchildren, a mother-in-law, the mother of your future children…you get the point. We all have someone to celebrate and honor this coming Sunday.
Sometimes it can be hard to think of a thoughtful Mother’s Day gift so here are a few ideas to help people out:
- A hand written note of love and appreciation is the gift that will be treasured the most by a mother
- A hand drawing from a child to their mother
- A necklace or bracelet with the birthstones for each of a mother’s children embedded
- A photo collage of a mother’s children
- A digital photo frame with pictures of a mother’s children
- A spa day for mom of rest and relaxation
- A hand made coupon book of coupons for doing dishes, doing laundry, etc for mom
- A letter listing favorite childhood memories with your mom
- Tickets to a play or a concert or special event mom would enjoy
- A statue or figurine of a mother and child
- Breakfast in bed and/or a special mother’s day dinner
If any of you have more ideas for people please share them as comments. I love getting new ideas for special mother’s day gifts.
I am so excited for Mother’s Day because I get to have a skype call with my son Dalton who is serving a two year mission for the LDS Church right now. As a missionary write home once a week but they only call home twice a year- once on Christmas and once on Mother’s Day so I am so excited to talk to him that I can hardly stand it! It is his 20th birthday this week as well this week (May 8th) and his birthday and Mother’s Day always fall together each year which has always made Mother’s Day even more meaningful. I have missed seeing his huge smile every day and I can’t wait for Sunday to get here so I can see it again!!! That is all the present I want for Mother’s Day! Unless my husband is reading this post and then I also want a spa day, and coupons, and….(tee hee).
Have a great day today everyone and make sure and get on top of your Mother’s Day giving before the last minute! You do NOT want to be that pathetic person picking from the very last card left on the hallmark rack in the grocery store…that is never good :)! Do it now so you can relax and look forward to Sunday.
~Amy (don’t forget to share any other gift ideas you have!)