Nothing can choke people up faster than talk about their love for their Mothers. That’s because its really overwhelming to consider the tremendous sacrifice that our Mothers make for us. They bring us into this world at a huge cost to their physical bodies and then they literally care for our every need in life until we are old enough to care for ourselves. And the older we get in life and as we become a parent ourselves we begin to truly comprehend the enormous sacrifice that has been made on our behalves. As such, Mother’s Day becomes is a very special holiday and one we should go into the weekend prepared for so we can make our Mom’s feel special and show them how much we appreciate all they do for us.
As a Mother I can tell you that its not the expensive gifts that matter to a Mom. It’s the heartfelt gifts that do. In case you are still trying to think of a gift idea for what to get your own Mother, or your wife if she is a Mother, here is a list of ideas for gifts that really show how much you appreciate her:
– A hand written note of love and appreciation is the gift that will be treasured the most by a mother
– A photo of a mother’s children each holding a letter to spell the word “love” or “mom” etc
– A hand drawing from a child to their mother
– A piece of jewelry with the birthstones of each of the mothers children embedded
– A photo collage of a mother’s children
– A digital photo frame with fun pictures of a mother’s children
– A spa day for mom of rest and relaxation
– A handmade coupon book of coupons for doing dishes, doing laundry, etc for mom
– A letter listing favorite childhood memories with your mom
– Tickets to a play or a concert or special event mom would enjoy
– A statue or figurine of a mother and child
– Breakfast in bed and/or a special mother’s day dinner
The most important thing is to do SOMETHING that shows how much you appreciate the Moms. Something that says THANK YOU for all they do. Whatever you decide to do for your moms this weekend, make it a gift from your heart.
I want to wish a Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there. And to my own Mother…this is where I get all choked up (told ya!) … I love you with my whole heart and I appreciate the tremendous gift of life and unconditional love that you’ve given me. Happy Mother’s Day!
~Amy Rees Anderson (author of the newly released book “What Awesome Looks Like: How To Excel in Business & Life” )