Years ago I came across a speaker named Loretta Laroche, who is absolutely fabulous. She teaches people how to let go of stress and allow humor into their lives. She is definitely one of my favorite motivational speakers. Seeing as how today was a very long and stress filled day, I decided I could use a good laugh and a good pick-me-up so I am going to share some of Loretta Laroche’s tips on how to wake up every day ready to put on your Party Pants!
Eight Reasons We Can’t Lighten Up
1. We’re too busy. Let’s face it? Will we ever not be busy?
2. We’re afraid of what they may say. I don’t know who they are, but they sure stop the laughter for a lot of people.
3. The committee is meeting. Many of us are filled with inner critics who want us to be terminally serious adults.
4. We need to be right. It’s hard to laugh if we’re always proving a point.
5. We have a tendency to judge and criticize. (This comes up a lot, doesn’t it?)
6. We’ve got too many rules and regulations. When we behave like drill sergeants and life is a forced march, it becomes difficult to chuckle.
7. We need to suffer before, during, and after anything stressful.
8. We’ve got too much ego. When we’re overinflated, we can’t laugh because we’re afraid we’ll lose our sense of importance.
Good everyday life boosting exercises:
* Wake up every day and shout, “I’m back!? (if you are living with someone, tell them, too).
* Make sure to stretch first thing in the morning. I read that this is a healthy way to start the day and also makes you feel refreshed.
* On weekdays, pretend you’re on a “working vacation” and appreciate every moment of the day.
* Tell at least three people in your life of how happy you are to be breathing.
* Play your favorite song to start off your day (It makes a difference).
* Reflect on what you did yesterday that made you happy and think on how you can improve today!
Ten simple truths that lead to an amazing life:
- An amazing life requires resilience.
- An amazing life requires living in the moment.
- An amazing life requires optimism.
- An amazing life requires acceptance.
- An amazing life requires humor.
- An amazing life requires creativity.
- An amazing life requires moderation.
- An amazing life requires responsibility.
- An amazing life requires connection
- An amazing life requires that you WEAR YOUR PARTY PANTS 🙂
I hope that all of you will have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY. LAUGH. ENJOY LIFE! I will close with some silly/fun jokes that I hope will help all of you to have a LAUGH today 🙂
*What do a grape and an elephant have in common? They are both purple…well…except for the elephant…
*Contrary to what most people would say, the most dangerous animal in the world is not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant. It’s a shark riding on an elephant’s back, just trampling and eating everything they see. (Jack Handey)
*My wife and I took out life insurance policies on each other — so now it’s just a waiting game. (Bill Dwyer)
*A guy is sitting at home when he hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and sees a snail on the porch. He picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. Three years later, there’s a knock on the door. He opens it and sees the same snail. The snail says “What the heck was that all about?”