Today we are all going to take a Thirty Second Quiz. Now I realize that the word “Quiz” probably gives a few of you PTSD as you start thinking back to the days when you walked into your college classroom and your professor would tell you to take out your number 2 pencils because you were about to take a Pop Quiz. And believe you me, I feel the pain of those memories myself. Butl, I can assure you that the thirty second quiz I am about to give you will not require a number 2 pencil and when the quiz is finished everyone can pass with an “A” if they are willing to take the results of this quiz to heart.
THE THIRTY SECOND QUIZ (written by anonymous)
“Don’t bother getting a pen and paper… just read… if you can’t
answer them, just keep going.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last five Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remembers the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They’re the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. Name three teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life aren’t the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They’re the ones who care.”
————-So I took this quiz myself and as I finished it and read the closing line I was really touched at the way this example really hits home. It genuinely shows you the kind of things you have to do if you want to be remembered. We have to help others, come to their aid, teach them, appreciate them, and enjoy them. We have to care about people if we really want to make a diffference in their lives and in the world. We need to live our lives such that when someone else takes the thirty second quiz we are the indiiduals they happen to think of when they try to name thoser five people who….
Have a beautiful day everyone.
~Amy Rees Anderson