We are just two days away from a holiday weekend. And one thing I have found in life is that if you don’t make a plan in advance to do something fun, an incredible holiday weekend can come and go and you’ll find you didn’t make any great memories at all! And that would be truly a shame…
The best thing about memories is making them…so right NOW is the time to make sure you have a plan in place for some fun activities you can do this weekend that will allow you to make some great memories that will forever be treasured. The plans don’t have to be complicated or expensive – sometimes the best memories of all come from the simplest of activities.
If any of you are struggling to come up with something to do this weekend here are a few ideas of fun things you might want to do this Memorial Weekend:
- Fun Family Barbeque is always fabulous
- Picnic at the Park – invite a group and bring the football and soccer ball to play with
- Go boating at the Lake – take a picnic with you on this one as well.
- Go swimming in a pool – nothing beats laying out and relaxing by a pool
- Check the local papers to see what events are taking place. Every community typically has several free events such as street fairs, carnivals, music festivals etc that you can take advantage of
- Go on a hike and explore a new trail you have always wanted to see
- Setup a family and friends softball tournament – cook up some hot dogs and make it a fun event for everyone
- Plan a scavenger hunt and have a competition to see which team can find all the things on their list
- Throw a patriotic potluck party and have everyone come wearing red, white, and blue and ask them to bring a food dish that is red, white, or blue to share with everyone else.
- Put together care packages to send to soldiers overseas. Everyone brings different items to put in the packages. Consider throwing in great DVDs of movies the soldiers might enjoy watching on their down time as well as snacks, books, etc.
- Take your sweetheart to a drive in movie. Load up on popcorn and blankets so you can snuggle while you watch a movie (great for empty nesters 🙂 )
Remember that the people you do things with makes all the difference so surround yourself with people you love and make a plan TODAY to do something FUN this weekend.
Have a great day!
~Amy Rees Anderson